Gaited Pleasure Horse Practicality
Riding and working your gaited horse to achieve practical solutions for pleasure and competitive trail riding rather than theoretical standards and showring ideals.
Private and group clinics are available at your location or at our farm.
- riding and gait analysis of individual horses (recognize the gait your horse is doing)
- showring vs trail gait requirements
- exercises and training to improve gait
- suppling your horse
- building balance and accuracy
Equipment and tack
- evaluation and use of equipment on individual horses
- how changing equipment can improve gait
- proper fit
- the right tack for the job
- desensitization/preparation for trail
- confrontation and confidence
- working as a team with your horse, decision making and trust
Competitive trail challenges obstacles
Learn to develop a relaxed but confident and forward ride, while strengthening the communication and bond with your equine partner
- Competitive trail challenge obstacle conditioning and desensitization.
- Obstacle training (required elements of each obstacle)